Operations and Training
With our unmatched range and capability, we provide our customers with a readily-available turnkey service that can solve refueling gaps. Using four KC-135R aircraft, Metrea delivers commercial air-to-air refueling (AAR) solutions to meet US Department of Defense customers’ under-resourced refueling requirements; other customers can be supported through the US Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Program.
By using KC-135R aircraft, Metrea offers a refueling service that seamlessly, safely, and professionally integrates into military aviation training and operations. Our KC-135Rs are identical, from the receivers’ perspective, to the KC-135Rs operated by the US Department of Defense and provide a realistic platform which enhances combat readiness.
The Metrea Fleet
Metrea provides commercially owned, operated, and maintained aerial refueling aircraft, personnel and equipment to satisfy fleet training, operational, test and evaluation, and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) requirements.
Our KC-135R aircraft are equipped with two wing-mounted Multi-Point Refueling System (MPRS) pods which facilitate refueling with probe equipped Navy, Marine Corps and Allied nation aircraft. They are also equipped with an air refueling boom to refuel receptacle equipped receivers.Learn More
Mobility Aircrew Training
Metrea trains all our pilots and air refueling operators (AROs) using the latest ground school and simulator training, as well as in flight training. We train crews to operate globally using Naval Air Training and Operating Procedures Standardization (NATOPS), Allied Tactical Publications (ATP), U.S. Air Force, and NATO standards.
We develop unique and innovative aircrew curriculum and courseware for AAR classes. Our aircraft are equipped with advanced Audio/Video recording systems with full HD recording to capture A/R audio/video for receiver training.Learn More
lbs of Cargo Capacity
Support Personnel Capacity
nm+ Transport Range Max Cargo/Support Personnel
Our Stack of AAR Capabilities
Through training and operations support, Metrea provides vital refueling capacity to meet burdensome requirements.
- Level 3 - Train and Exercise
- Level 4 - Operate and Sustain
Level 3 - Train and Exercise
Metrea’s cadre of experts, with experience in training for key aspects of air mobility operations, offer a full range of training services.
- We train crews to operate globally using: Naval Air Training and Operating Procedures Standardization (NATOPS) Procedures, Allied Tactical Publications (ATP) Standards, and United States Air Force and NATO Standards
- Metrea-developed aircrew curricula and courseware for AAR
- Ground school and simulator training for pilots and air refueling operators (AROs)
- Ability to test and certify receiver aircraft in order to create and publish Standards Related Documents (SRDs)
- Support training device development and certification
Level 4 - Operate and Sustain
Metrea’s decades of military aviation experience within senior DoD ranks, combined with our demonstrated operational experience in contingency and wartime air mobility operations, provides our customers with reliable, high-quality contractor-owned, contractor-operated (COCO) aerial refueling services.
- Trained and certified mobility flight crews
- Full maintenance and logistics support capabilities, to include flight line support, specialists, back shop, C-check, depot level support, supply, Functional Check Flight and cargo handling operations
- An operations and maintenance team capable of supporting flight operations at forward detachment locations
- Unit training and flight standards evaluation teams to ensure safe flight operations
- Operational and training expertise in the KC-135, KC-10, KC-30/A330 MRTT, KC-46, C-130, and C-21, as well as extensive Part 121 civil operational expertise
- Our team has decades of operational, safety, security, maintenance, logistics, tactics, planning, and engineering experience
Interested in what Metrea can do for you? Please get in touch.